Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Awesomeness Ensues

Good morning and happy Tuesday, lovelies!

I have to say: I'm beyond excited right now. We're finally, finally on the other side of our move -- moving day went about as smoothly as a move can possibly go, and we're making serious headway on unpacking and getting set up in our new abode.

And I have to be honest: I loooooooove our new apartment. It's a bit smaller than our old place, but it's much, much nicer; I keep looking at all the upgraded amenities and, for a moment, getting nervous about whether or not we can afford it...before remembering that we're actually saving money by living here. Score!

I'm also super excited (as Brandon said, "If you were a puppy, your tail would be wagging vigorously right now") about the fact that I'm soon going to be a contributing writer for Girls Gone Sporty! I'm a huge fan of GGS, and I'm thrilled to be able to a) contribute to their mission, and b) do some writing. Ever since I decided to focus on writing, I've had all sorts of ideas for how I can do that -- and as soon as the GGS opportunity arrived, the little voice in the back of my head practically screamed "Yes! Do this! This is awesome!"

It's also the day before my birthday, which I always get excited about (who needs to worry about aging when there are presents and steak dinners involved?!). I have a pre-birthday retrospective post that I've been working on for a long time -- I'll put it up later today, so check back this evening!

In the meantime, I hope everyone has an awesome day!


3 comments:

  1. i actually like smaller places, I know that sounds weird but it makes it feel more cozy. so glad it is almost over, moving is the worst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't sound weird at all, actually - I like the coziness of smaller places too! They also force me to be relentless in terms of getting rid of clutter - if there's no space to accumulate junk, my life gets a lot easier. :)

      Delete
  2. Yay for the move being almost done and being in a nicer place!! It looks beautiful from all the pictures you've posted :) And congrats on the contributing writer gig!! I can't wait to see what you write for them...I love your style :)

    ReplyDelete