*Snaps back into reality*
I have no idea where that whole idea came from. I think it means that I need more caffeine.
Anyways, since it's Thursday it's also time for Thankful Thursday, a lovely link-up party hosted by the ever-fabulous Jessie from Jessie Loves to Run.
This week I'm thankful for a random assortment of things:
* I'm really, really thankful that I'm finally feeling better after being sick over the weekend and early this week. There's nothing like feeling awful to make you appreciate feeling normal!
* I went on a fabulous run this afternoon along the National Mall. The weather was sunny, dry, and in the upper 40s (perfect conditions for running), and I love seeing so many iconic DC sites like the Lincoln Memorial, the WWII Memorial, and the Reflecting Pool. There's just something about that particular route that always makes me happy.
* While I was on said run, I happened to see a yellow butterfly. Now, this totally wouldn't be a big deal in, say, the summertime. But in mid-December? That's a phenomenon as rare as Tom Cruise's moments of lucidity!
* I'm thankful for my beloved bedtime tea - to the good people at Celestial Seasonings, you're my heroes.
* I got an award at work a few months ago, and the award money has finally navigated its way through all the bureaucratic red tape. I ought to be seeing the moolah soon (thus saving me the embarrassment of repeatedly yelling "Show me the money!!" into a phone at work...wait, that's unprofessional?!), and it's just in time for our big move next month. Since a move is the perfect opportunity to get rid of the crappy old office furniture I bought when I first moved back to DC four years ago, I've been eyeballing some new stuff. I can neither confirm nor deny the allegation that I have everything picked out already. (But...ok, I totally do.)
|Want. Mama likey.|
Hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday - ahoy, mateys!