Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I Yearn for Veggie Burgers

I had quite a workout this morning!  I did 30 minutes on the elliptical at a 7:30 pace and resistance level 13, 10 minutes on the treadmill at an 8 minute mile pace + 1.5% incline, and 5 minutes of ab work - including a 60 second and 30 second plank series for Plank-a-Day. I was a sweaty mess after all was said and done (I sweat like a wildebeest when I work out, which always leaves me totally bewildered by the women at the gym who seem to just, like, mildly glisten with a teeny bit of perspiration while they run.  How do they do that?!).

Anyways, something tells me I'm going to be a starvin' Marvin later today.

That fact occurred to me while I was packing my lunch, post-sweat session -- which, in turn, made me wish I had some veggie burgers on hand to add to my lunchtime repertoire.  I'm not vegetarian, but I love vegetarian food.  And I really, really love veggie burgers.

I often find myself pining away for the veggie burger selection back in Colorado.  Back in my glutinous days, I loooooooved Morningstar Farms brand -- but once I went GF, my beloved Morningstar Farms burgers and I had to go our separate ways.  It was a difficult break-up, and I still gaze sadly at them in the frozen foods section.  Sigh.

[Image Not Available] - <strong><em>MorningStar Farms®</em></strong> Tomato & Basil Pizza Burgers
These guys were my faves, hands down. (*Sheds tear*)
Happily, I soon found two other kinds that I like: Sunshine Burgers and Amy's Sonoma Burgers.  They're both GF, soy-free, filled with whole ingredients like brown rice, quinoa, veggies and nuts, and absolutely delicious.  I've bought tons of Sunshine Burgers, and I do love them -- but oh, how I'd like to mix things up occasionally and have a Sonoma Burger!

 Sonoma Veggie Burger

But do you want to know the one type of veggie burger that no one on the East Coast seems to carry?  Amy's Sonoma Burgers.

Bah!

I've submitted product request forms at two Whole Foods branches and our local Harris Teeter, only to have them disappear into a void of unresponsiveness.  Sigh, again.

So, failing the ability to buy them here, I'm either going to have to a) beg shamelessly, b) figure out a way to have my parents bring me a stockpile whenever they come to visit, or c)  figure out a way to make them myself.

And seriously, I'm not above option A: shameless, brazen, throwing-myself-at-the-feet-of-the-store-manager groveling.  Puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeze? 

But, as my Dad says, discretion is the better part of valor, so I feel like the better course of action is to figure out how to make them myself.  Y'know, it preserves my dignity and whatnot, which is nice. 

Research ensues, and Operation: DIY Sonoma Burger will commence soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment