Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Great Start

Good morning!  Now that Monday has happily passed us, the weekend doesn't seem so far away anymore. :)

It's supposed to be a gorgeous day here in DC: sunny, low humidity, temps in the 60s...it makes a girl want to ditch work altogether ("Yes, I have scurvy and won't be able to come in today - sorry!").



Partly cloudy
Feels like: 54°F
Wind: 7 mph NW
Pressure: 29.85"
Humidity: 64%
Dew point: 42°
TueWedThuFriSatSunMon
SunnyMostly sunnyMostly sunnyChance rain shwrMostly sunnyMostly sunnySunny
---
Sunny

Lo:   Hi:
53     66
---
Mostly sunny
Lo:   Hi:
47     69
---
Mostly sunny
Lo:   Hi:
48     70
40%
Chance
rain shwr

Lo:   Hi:
57     69
---
Mostly sunny
Lo:   Hi:
53     69
---
Mostly sunny
Lo:   Hi:
48     65
---
Sunny

Lo:   Hi:
46     67


But, since faking a case of scurvy isn't really an option, I want to be sure I get outside to enjoy the sunshine somehow, whether it's to eat lunch outside, take a stroll around the block at work, or get off the Metro a few stops early so I can walk part of the way home.

In the meantime, though, I got a great start to this beautiful day at the gym: 30 minutes on the elliptical listening to my course materials for IIN, and then 15 minutes of circuit training with my Jackie Warner Power Circuit Training DVD.  I love this DVD -- it has tons of different options (40 minute full-body workout, 15 minute full-body, 15 minute abs, 15 minute lower body, and 15 minute upper body), but in the interest of saving time I did the 15 minute full-body workout.

 

Until a year ago, I used to only work out in the evenings.  I often found that I was too tired to do an intense workout when I got home at night, though, so I decided to train myself to wake up early and hit the gym.  Now I love my AM workouts -- they keep me torching calories all day long, and I find that I love having my evenings free to hang out with Brandon, go to dinner with my girlfriends, or just veg out.

Hope your Tuesday is off to a good start!





















No comments:

Post a Comment