Wednesday, November 28, 2012

WIAW: Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Happy Wednesday!

It was a chilly day here in DC, but I have a new acquisition that helps me fear no cold front:

Behold the puffy awesomeness

This jacket is the bomb diggity, y'all.  Whenever I've worn it, I've been incredibly impressed by how warm and cozy it is - so basically, it's the best $70 investment ever (thank you, Burlington Coat Factory).  Imagine one of those sub-zero, all weather sleeping bags...and now imagine wrapping yourself up in one of those while venturing out into the cold.  Yeah, it's like that. 

Lurve.

While it'd obviously be a bad idea to wear this to the gym in the mornings, I at least have my trusty hoodies to keep me warm during my first few minutes of cardio.  Speaking of which, today's workout consisted of 35 minutes on the elliptical (I have an IIN lecture by Iyanla Vanzant to finish, and I've loved every second of it) followed by 10 minutes of lifting, plus my daily plank and lunges for Girls Gone Sporty's LungeForLeftovers.

I love my morning workouts, even though there are days (like today) when I'm slow to wake up. I love how I feel after a good workout: it sets the tone for my day, and work is a lot easier to handle when my brain is awash in exercise-induced endorphins!

Speaking of work, I'm fairly stoked for the fact that it's Wednesday - this means the weekend is approaching fast!  (*Does happy dance*)  It also means it's time for What I Ate Wednesday - the loveliest cyber-potluck on the 'webz, it's hosted by the equally lovely Jenn from Peas & Crayons.

Peas and Crayons

Upon rolling out of bed, I had my beloved cup of java - but this time, I drank it out of the super cute holiday-ish mug I just picked up from Crate & Barrell (I get inordinately excited about stuff like this, and I freaking LOVE this mug):


I had my usual post-workout kale, Greek yogurt, and fruit smoothie:


Lunch and snacks consisted of salad (not pictured here) with chickpeas and turkey, another Larabar Uber (add it to the "stuff I effing adore" list) and, basically, a metric ton of fruit:


Dinner was Italian herb and balsamic vinegar roasted chicken with steamed broccoli (and a bit of low-fat cheddar on top -- deliciousness ensues!).


Hope everyone had a fabulous Wednesday, and here's to the rest of the week going by as quickly as possible!

3 comments:

  1. The ingredients you used for your chicken sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jessie - I'll try to post the recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see nothing wrong with wearing a coat that comfy to start working out in ;) And I have to second what Jessie said...that looks so good!

    ReplyDelete